Madrasah Education Programme OverviewJan 08, 2020 / Madrasah Education Programme
In Bangladesh, institutions of three streams – General, Madrasah and Vocational – delivering education in parallel, are engaged in the process of human resource development. Quite unfortunately, Madrasahs, occupying about one-fifth share in education delivery, are not ready to take part actively in the process of human resource development necessary both for its survival and national interest. Only a minor group of graduates is absorbed in some sorts of socio-religious services while the majority are excluded from the mainstream socio-economic activities. That is why; IsDB-BISEW has taken an initiative to turn Madrasah students into a productive workforce. It has included 6 Madrasahs in different areas of Bangladesh under its project introduced Dakhil Vocational courses for the first time in Bangladesh.
Under the Madrasah Programme, Dakhil (Vocational) courses under Bangladesh Technical Education Board (BTEB) have been introduced in 6 (six) Madrasahs after construction of complete academic building and vocational workshop with furniture, science lab and apparatus including vocational training equipment and raw materials. The programme also provides qualified instructors and staff for vocational courses, text books, BTEB registration fees of class IX students, BTEB exam fees of class IX & X students and other teaching-learning resources.
Rationale for Undertaking Madrasah Education Programme
- Establishing Madrasahs in some selected areas with adequate infrastructure and modern facilities
- Equipping Madrasah students with appropriate technical and vocational skills required in the job market
- Ensuring both higher education and employment opportunities for Madrasah students of Bangladesh
- Enhancing the social standing of graduates of the vocational programme
Areas for Financial Assistance
- Initial Setup
- Construction of academic building and vocational workshops;
- Build-up of facilities with equipment, furniture and other supplies
- Administration and Management
- Recruiting qualified & experienced management, teaching and support staffs for vocational and other training;
- Arranging continuous professional development for management, teachers and support staffs; and
- Providing guidance & counseling and placement services.
- Providing teaching-learning aids and resources for vocational trade; and
- Providing raw materials and auxiliary materials for vocational trade.
Specialty of IsDB-BISEW sponsored Madrasahs
- Modern and adequate infrastructure
- Special emphasis on quality vocational training
- Academically and professionally competent Instructors
- Availability of necessary tools and equipment for technical training
- Board-standard curriculum
- ICT facilities for the students
- Strong and sole supervision and monitoring by IsDB-BISEW